- Each year, up to 10% of the total raised from the SMART Ride is set aside so we may gift funds to other agencies throughout Florida who also provide services for those living with HIV/AIDS or helping to prevent the spread of this disease
- The projects funded must meet the following criteria
- Organization’s work must include HIV/AIDS services
- Donations given to your organization as a benefiting agency of The SMART Ride must be used for direct services to include, but not limited to, medical assistance, psycho-social services, housing assistance, pharmaceutical assistance and/or testing within the HIV/AIDS community. None of the money obtained as a beneficiary can be used for capital improvements of any kind, general salaries and/or bonuses.
- Applications must state clearly the purpose of the funding and the expected outcomes
- All projects must have a direct service, education or care component to be considered.
As the need for funds is so great for HIV/AIDS organizations throughout the state, we would rather not fund a project or an organization for more than two years consecutively. Second-year funding must show a demonstrated impact from the use of the funds as well as a quality plan for continued outside funding
To Apply for the 10% Lifeline Click Here to download the application. For questions about the 10% Lifeline please contact MichaelBarron@thesmartride.org. Applications are reviewed at the quarterly board meeting.