SMART Ride 16 will take place on November 15th and 16th, 2019, with Orientation Day November 14th. Further details and times will be available once they are finalized.
ORIENTATION – Thursday, November 14th
- University of Miami, Donna E. Shalala Student Center, located at 1330 Miller Drive, Miami FL 33146. The campus is located just off US1 in Coral Gables and across from the
Metro Mover University station
- Open Noon – 7:00pm
- Arrive anytime between Noon and 7 pm and plan on spending 60-90 minutes. Mandatory safety orientation, finances (outstanding pledges), housing designations, medical information, and any other outstanding needs are covered during this time.
- Bring with you the completed Medical Form provided to you online when you registered, or they will be available to fill out at orientation. This form will be reviewed by the Medical Director and kept confidential.
- Opening/Dedication Ceremony 5:30 PM at the Lakeside Patio Stage at the University of Miami
- Dinner provided, following ceremonies by
Olive Garden 6:30 PM
- For room recommendations, see the housing page.
Further orientation details will be sent prior to the ride as they are finalized.
DAY 1 – Friday, November 15th
Depart at sunrise from the Watsco Center located at 1245 Dauer Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146. Breakfast provided.
- Ride a full century (100 miles with rest stops approximately every 15-20 miles). Pit Stops along the route will provide snacks, water, Gatorade, oranges, bananas, peanut butter and more. Lunch is provided at the lunch rest stop.
- Friday night stop at Hawks Cay. Dinner and rooms are provided.
DAY 2 – Saturday, November 16th
- Depart at 8:00 am (weather permitting). Breakfast provided.
- Ride approximately 65 miles with rest stops every 15-20 miles to Key West. Pit Stops along the route will provide snacks, water, Gatorade, oranges, bananas, peanut butter and more.
- Arrive in Key West Saturday afternoon.
- Once all riders are in (by 2 PM), there is a 4-mile police escort and parade around Key West, and down famed Duval Street to cheering crowds.
- The parade ends at the Truman Waterfront Park.
- Closing ceremonies.
Parties Galore-Saturday November 16th (list to be finalized and updated)
- The celebration happens at Bourbon Street 8:00 PM – 724 Duval St, Key West 33040
- Late Celebration happens at the Cabaret at 801 Bourbon Street at 11 PM – – 801 Duvall St, Key West 33040