How do I raise funds?
This year, while we are waiving the requirement for riders to raise the minimum of $1250, we ask that you still make that a personal goal. The agencies that the SMART Ride supports have definitely felt the impact of the COVID pandemic!
While the agencies doing their part in social distancing did not put a halt to their daily impact on clients, it did put a halt to all other fundraising events. This void resulted in a combined loss of over a Million dollars in just the past 6 month. Dollars that are vital to each of them meeting the many needs of their clients, Dollars that can fill the gaps. These gaps are larger than they have ever been, client needs are increasing and The SMART Ride is what can change 2020 for all of them.
If you have ever raised funds before, $1,250 can seem like a scary amount. You will be surprised how individuals respond to you when you tell them what you are doing and that you need their “help” in achieving your goal. The most popular fundraising techniques that our riders use are:
- Send an Email/letter to family & friends (remember that you might have to ask a few times for the procrastinators)
- Raise funds as part of a team
- Use social media like Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know
- See if your company has a corporate match for charity events
- Work with a local benefiting agency for opportunities to raise funds
- Partner with a local business to do a raffle or outreach event safely
- Utilize Strava (see details below) for training fundraising
You just need a plan, enthusiasm, passion and never forgetting why you got involved, always keeping in mind the personal physical challenge, and never forgetting the memory of those who have passed from HIV/AIDS. If you have specific questions about how to raise your pledge, you can work with the local agency, send a note to us (email@example.com) , or chat with the rider representative that is assigned to you or your team captain.