Want to send your bike ahead? We will help make it easy
Once again, Downtown Bikes will assist the ride and you with your bike shipping needs. This year, they are offering four options to help you get your bike to where it needs to be, whether you’re out of state or close by! And Downtown Bikes will be donating back a portion of all fees charged for their services to the SMART Ride!
Option 1: To ship your bike to Fort Lauderdale for the ride:
- Ship to Downtown Bikes to arrive by Thursday 11/8 (one week before ride). The fee for assembly and adjustments is $70. Bikes will be at registration by noon on orientation day.
- You are responsible for shipping Downtown Bikes with your bike packed in an appropriate box. Mark the box AND tag your bike with your name and rider number.
Option 2: To ship your bike back to you after the ride:
- Downtown Bikes will bring bike from Key West, disassemble and package your bike, the fee is $70. Bikes will ship back to riders (in the box they were received in) during the week immediately following the ride.
- You can providing a prepaid return shipping label to Downtown Bikes. Or we can transport your bike through Bikeflights (i.e. Fedex) and will bill after the Ride.
Option 3: To transport your bike to check in/registration from Fort Lauderdale:
- Live fairly close but want to get your assembled bike to registration/check in from Fort Lauderdale? The fee is $30. Bikes must be at Downtown Bikes by Wednesday, 11/14. Bikes will be at registration by noon on orientation day.
Option 4: To transport your bike back to Fort Lauderdale after the ride:
- Want to get your assembled bike back to Fort Lauderdale from Key West after the ride? The fee is $30. Bikes will be available for pick at Lauderdale Cyclery the Sunday immediately following the ride (11AM – 4PM) and during regular business hours. BIKES MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 30th.
To get more information or to ask questions, please fill out the bike shipping form below. If you need to reach out to Lauderdale Cyclery directly you can be reached by calling Downtown Bikes.
There are also rental bikes available, call for information.