Whether you are a first time participant or returning participant everyone must attend Safety Orientation. This attendence is mandatory as YOUR SAFETY during the event is our #1 concern. We want everyone to leave Miami and arrive in Key West without incident! The other practical reason for your attendence is that it is the only way we can obtain liability insurance for the event.
Why do we need to pay a registration fee, aren't we raising enough money already? Why not take it from money we raise?
Registration money is used to help subsidize the cost of all those items involved in putting together the ride. For the registration fee, you get:
- Overnight accomodations at Hawks Cay.
- Two dinners, two lunches and two breakfasts.
- Pit Stop snacks to keep you energized and fit. These include items such as fruit, peanut butter, energy bars, water, and energy drinks.
- Other things your registration fee offsets are:
- Postage for Mailings
- Uniforms (alright, T-Shirts)
- Communication Equipment
- We supplement your registration with sponsorship dollars to underwrite the entire cost of this event, thereby guaranteeing that 100% of the money you raise goes to help those infected and affect by HIV/AIDS.
On your registration form there was a question asking if you are a vegetarian, if you didn't fill that out, just let us know by calling the office or emailing us at email@example.com. While we make our best efforts, we cannot accommodate every dietary need. Make sure you come prepared with supplements. For example, we offer vegetarian options but not strict vegan options, so if you are vegan you will want to bring additional supplements to ensure you are getting your necessary nutritional requirements.