Each rider is required to raise $1,250. This might seem like a difficult amount, but our average rider raises well over that amount, averaging $1,800. Each crew member (support team) is asked to raise as much as possible, but it is not a requirement. We just ask crew to remember every dollar collected does make a difference to someone needing HIV/AIDS services.
If you have never raised funds before, $1,250 can seem like a scary amount. You will be surprised how individuals respond to you when you tell them what you are doing and that you need their "help" in achieving your goal. The most popular fundraising techniques that our riders use are:
- Send an Email/letter to family & friends (remember you might have to ask a few times for the procrastinators)
- Raise funds as part of a team
- Use used social media like Facebook and Twitter to let your friends know
- Throw a party, be creative and have fun and people will give
- Partner with a local business to do a raffle or outreach event
- See if your company has a corporate match for charity events
- Work with local benefiting agency for opportunities to raise funds
You just need a plan, enthusiasm, passion and never forgetting why you got involved, always keeping in mind the personal physical challenge, and never forgetting the memory of those who have passed from HIV/AIDS If you have specific questions about how to raise your pledges, you can work with the local agency, send a note to us (firstname.lastname@example.org ), or chat with the rider representative that is assigned to you. Also check out 120 Ways to Reach Your Target for some creative fund raising ideas SmartRideGroup
100% of what you raise will go to the benefiting agencies:
Here is how it works
- 10% of your funds will be put aside in our new program "10% lifeline" these funds will be distributed throughout the year to agencies who have projects or needs that their normal funding can't support. It's our way of making sure more agencies throughout the state receive badly needed funding, it's our way of making YOUR money go further to help more people.
- The remainder of your money is split in half, first 50% of your funds will be equally divided amongst all the chosen benefiting agencies
- The second 50% of your remaining money will be dispersed as you wish. For example, if you decide that you want the remaining 50% to go to one agency, or if you want the second half to go to a combinations of the chosen agencies, that's how it will be divided.
- On the ride, you will receive a card to designate your funds, you will also be able to designate your funds online.
- If you chose not to designate your funds to any specific or combination of agencies then the ride will automatically divide the money evenly amongst the chosen agencies.
- AIDS Help (Monroe County)
- Center for Positive Connections (Dade County)
- Children's Diagnostic Center (Broward County)
- Comprehensive AIDS Program (Palm Beach County)
- Metro Wellness & Community Centers (West Central Florida)
- Miracle of Love (Central Florida)
- Pride Center at Equality Park (Broward County)
Thanks for the question, if someone wants to mail in a check they can send it to the address on the pledge form along with the form (it helps us keep track of donations better. The address is:
1314 E. Las Olas Bvld Ste 302
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
If you have more questions you can contact me anytime.